Best Contractor Table Saw – Dewalt DWE7491RS Review
Whether you are a home do it yourself person or a working professional, finding a table saw that not only does the job you need done, at a great price, and handles all of the sizes of wood you plan on putting through it, the search can be fun and informative if you let it.
There are a number of things you have to consider, such as the size and height and how well it stores in the space you have available. You also want to make sure it can handle the material you are going to use it for. It also must offer the safety features that will assist in your, or your employee’s hands from danger when used properly. Looking through a few contractor table saw reviews will assist you in making the final decision.
One of the many contractor table saw units you could look at to satisfy this need might be:
The DEWALT DWE7491RS
This is a 10 inch jobsite table saw, complete with rolling stand and 32½ inch rip capacity.
The Rack & Pinion fence system is such that fast adjustments can be made, smoothly and accurately. The relatively large rip capacity can handle many of the larger stocks, such as trim or shelving pieces.
It comes with a 15 Amp motor that rips through hardwoods easily with a 4800 RPM blade
The stand assembles quickly and is a stable base on which to work and then move to another location.
For cabinet makers or installers, it is designed for ripping filler boards and fine pieces of all types of fibers.
Hardwood floor installers will find it great for all of the many types of wood used in this installation, whether thin pieces of hardwood or wider sheets for the underlayment. Not only the lengths and the trim but also the edge finishing can be handled easily and positively.
Trim carpenters will find this contractor table saw ready for ripping moldings and the wainscoting that is always a beautiful accent for any fairly formal room. The frames around bookcases and the construction of entertainment centers will be enhanced with this ever ready tool. This is not even mentioning the framing lumber that is required for any construction site and many remodeling projects.
As deck builders all know, getting the right tool for ripping deck boards, rail caps and railing is the ticket they need for creating a great looking outdoor entertainment area.
Remodelers need the ability for the cutting and ripping of sheet material, such as those 4 X 8 pieces that are part and parcel of every remodel job.
For all serious home woodworkers, material up to three inches thick can be ripped, cut and trimmed in a way that they may not have though possible as this tool is very well thought out. Cross cutting material used for dados, rabbets, as well as tenons and other fine woodworking tasks can be accomplished with safety and with a positive appreciation of the engineering in a smaller unit that still packs a wallop.
- The 2-1/2-Inch Dust Collection Port is set up to receive a hose from a vacuum system, whether central or portable.
- There is a patented material support (26-1/4 inch X 22 inch table) that allows for narrower rip cuts for maximum safety and flexibility.
- 3-1/8 inch depth of cut at 90 degrees
- 2-1/4 inch at 45 degrees
- Complete set of Site-Pro Guard components, including a push stick for close work. It also comes with a miter gauge to help you with some of those measurements and alignments.
- The large heavy duty wheels easily roll over curbs, steps and other jobsite obstacles.
- One owner did not care for the instruction manual for the assembly of the stand. He indicated it was not very clear and had two, competing, illustrations in the two page booklet.
- The 10 inch, 24 TPI blade that comes with this contractor table saw may not be the one you will need for very fine work, but they are not expensive and most woodworkers have several anyway.
- Several reviewers commented on the ‘fake’ hand tools that come with this contractor table saw. All fasteners are metric, so this is something to think about.
The best contractor table saw, for you, needs to incorporate all of the features you need and must be able to handle all of the tasks you wish to assign to it.
With owners of the Solo table saw saying things like ‘This saw is a true workhorse’ and ‘A long lumber dream’, this table saw is manufactured by a leading innovator of industrial power tools, including lasers, generators, grinders, routers, planers, nailers saw blades, and many, many more, all of them designed for efficient, easy use and available internationally.
The best contractor table saw for you could very well be the DEWALT DWE7491RS